Digital transformation requires comprehensive solutions in order to automate entire business processes. The evolution of file transfer leads to ready-made enterprise Managed File Transfer (MFT) platforms.
Comparison of MFT with E-mail and FTP Servers
Enterprise MFT platforms are the means to overcome the weaknesses of email, FTP and dispersed solutions. Read all about it in our previous blog ‘STOP: The Risks of Using FTP and E-mail for the Transfer of Sensitive Files’.
|In the above-mentioned blog, it was concluded that companies requiring human-to-system or system-to-human file transfer should consider a ready-made Enterprise MFT platform. Here’s why:|
Why is SEEBURGER BIS an Enterprise MFT platform?
The SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite covers all of the following requirements:
- Endpoint management
- External self-service for business partners
- Internal self-service for lines of business
- Monitoring and analysis
- Integration of any system over any endpoint
- 50+ communication adapters
- Safe transfer of sensitive files between
Additionally, it offers diverse deployment flexibility by way of being a hybrid integration platform.
Let’s take a closer look at the features of BIS:
The core components of the Gateway include:
- BIS FX: secure person-to-person and system-to-system file transfer capabilities
- Communication Adapters: connect to partners, systems, cloud services, machines and even things
- ERP/System Adapters: preconfigured to connect to any ERP or system
- BIS Link: intelligent endpoint with a small footprint for system oriented communication
- BIS MFT Solution: flexible BPEL workflow-based solution for the easy setup of file transfer flows
Additionally, a complete management layer is available, presented in the BIS Agile App Framework. The core MFT management components include:
- Navigator and MFT Manager App: business users can easily configure MFT flows using a template approach
- Community Management App (CMA): fast on-boarding of many external partners as well as self-services for own business departments (and their external partners)
- BIS Link Manager App: rollout and management of hundreds or even thousands of BIS Link endpoints
- BIS Information Management: monitor and analyze all business flows and file content (structured data)
- BIS Platform: manage all above-mentioned requirements, thus ensuring governance, transparency and compliance
SEEBURGER BIS – the Enterprise MFT Platform – Use Case
A typical use case for the SEEBURGER BIS enterprise MFT platform is the message distribution of confidential data (take invoices for example) to external commercial customers in many different countries without EDI in place. For such invoices, data from multiple systems needs to be collated and compiled into confidential files. These files need to be sent securely on a regular or ad-hoc basis to commercial customers to trigger accurate timely payments. This common case requires complex workflow logic and routing of data, which is based on the payload of the data.
Such an enterprise MFT platform uses an MFT core and additionally comprises many components of a hybrid integration platform.
Benefits of an Enterprise MFT Platform:
- Higher IT security, greater compliance and lower risk when transferring sensitive files as well as protection of intellectual property and Personal Identifiable Information (PII) as described in previous blogs.
- Accuracy and processing speed for the entire data logistics whilst mastering extremely high volumes of messages due to process automation.
- Fast response to changes with self-service tools that empower your Lines of Business (LOBs) to utilize pre-configured processes – no need to bother the IT department for day-to-day changes.
- End-to-end transparency and reduced complexity provides more stability whilst delivering considerably improved service to your LOBs and business partners.
SEEBURGER BIS MFT Solution – Part of a Comprehensive Hybrid Integration Platform
Very few vendors are able to offer a MFT platform that covers all enterprise file transfer requirements. Even fewer vendors are able to offer EDI and API capability alongside MFT capability. Only SEEBURGER is able to offer all of this and more from an organically developed unified codebase providing you with one lean and reliable data exchange environment.
Deployment Flexibility: On-Premise, Hybrid or Cloud
At the same time, the SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite can reside on your own premises, in the SEEBURGER Cloud or in a combination of the two former options.
SEEBURGER provides the Hybrid Integration Platform, for established and upcoming technologies alike ensuring seamless integration with external business partners.
Whether on-premises, cloud-based or hybrid – the SEEBURGER ready-made Enterprise MFT solution meets all requirements as to security and compliance while offering the highest possible flexibility.
Read all about secure file transfer in our blog ‘Reliably Compliant – IT Security That Pays Off’.
Get in contact with us:
Please enter details about your project in the message section so we can direct your inquiry to the right consultant.
Written by: Ian GoldsmithIan Goldsmith is Business Development Director at SEEBURGER, a global market leader in business integration software. With ~25 years integration experience spanning development, consultancy management, pre-sales, solutions management, account management and marketing, he is well versed in understanding integration requirements of today (and tomorrow) from all angles. Ian, has utilised his industry and technical knowledge to brief Industry Analysts and ‘C’ level execs on numerous occasions, and has won awards along the way for outstanding work with clients.