Achieving Cost Savings with a Consolidation Strategy
Today’s CIOs share similar challenges, regardless of vertical industry, geographic location or company size:
- Cost Reduction
- Drive Core Revenue – making IT a revenue center rather than cost center
- Reducing Risk
These problems can be addressed with the following solutions:
- Consolidation to reduce costs
- Modernization to drive revenue
- Data security to reduce risk
Today, I want to share with you some information about the cost reduction that can be achieved with the right Consolidation and Modernization strategy.
We interviewed a global sampling of our customers to learn how they stay competitive in today’s economy. The findings show that by consolidating and modernizing their EDI/B2B along with file transfer technologies on a single unified platform like the SEEBURGER Business Integration Suite (BIS), they were able to cut application and project costs by up to 80% while maintaining high levels of satisfaction of internal and external partners*.
These well run companies also achieved the following savings by modernizing their EDI/B2B and large file transfer environments:
- Operating and maintenance staff costs 50%
- Creating new B2B/EDI interfaces 65%
- Software maintenance costs 60%
- Search costs (status, errors, document tracking) 96%
- Transfer costs 30%
Over the coming weeks, we’ll be sharing practical tips for how you can achieve similar savings for your organization, grow your business and reduce risks. In the meantime, for more information, pls visit us at www.seeburger.com/modernization-consolidation
* (Survey done with International automobile suppliers, ODETTE conference, 2011).